Monday, October 1, 2007

Why write Church History

The internet has exploded the amount of writing out there. Some of my favorite sports sites however are so cluttered with garbage comments. Still people seem to feel a need to say something.

When I began writing my historical fiction novels - I wanted Church History to come alive to young readers. As a side benefit - adult readers have enjoyed my first two novels. Church History is full of faith promoting stories and trials that we can learn from.

I am currently writing a third novel in my Time Travelers in Church History series. While I was writing the night (Feb 1832) when Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon were tarred and feathered I had a hard time. In order for me to write - I have to be there. (that is mentally be there). It was bad place to be watching Joseph and Sidney get tarred and feathered and knowing that baby Joseph would die from exposure.

No comments: